Never Wait To Say What You Want To Say
No matter how hard it may be, Never wait to say what you want to say. For there will be a day you will find that it’s too late. My forever love is gone, yet I had the time to say the things I needed to say. Hence, we made the time to talk and discuss all we wanted. Here are a few to help you.
I did nothing wrong. Neither did you
You only mentioned my wrongs but never noticed your own.
I can handle more that you know.
Despite what you may think, I’m not angry with you.
You could have told me about your passions or dreams.
We both made mistakes, even if we needed them.
I would have listened and said so much more, but you didn’t let me.
I love you, but you hurt me.
A part of you will always be in my heart.
Saying What You Want Can Be Difficult.
With care-giving for others you really need to keep things focused on the future. You need to be open to give them hope to push forward. I know from personal experience that this can be difficult when the future is so unsure and doesn’t look promising.
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” Napoleon Hill
Be The Leader To Say What You Want
Being a caregiver is sort of like the role of a leader. You are responsible for others, guiding, motivating, and whatever is needed. Things can be tense and awkward, but you need to be able to effectively communicate those needs. Asking those tough questions.
Here are some things to think about when those tough conversations come up.
- Be specific in what you want to do. This way everyone understands. Don’t ignore the difficult situations.
- Consider that others have different personalities and emotions toward things than you might.
- Show your true you. Don’t act like someone else. Bring in your personality and be real.
- Be ready for surprises. They will come, believe me.
- Focus on others and their needs, don’t think that if you did it that way it will always work.
- Don’t wait too long. You might not get another chance to say what you want.
- Let them know how you feel. Vulnerability makes you human.
When these things are ignored or put to the side, arguments can arise. When you are just focused on how things are going to end up or how you are doing, mistakes can happen.
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar
Maybe you are afraid of retaliation or a negative effect these conversations might create, so you think it is better to not say anything at all or even avoid it altogether.
When hardship, sickness and pain takes your life to the left, there is a way to keep smiling. Hi, my name is Sandy and I am “The Mindset Muse”
I help others who have been forced into being a caregiver, juggling emotions, career, family, schedules and struggle keeping it all together to find their way through.
Look around and see how I can help you!